Web Course FAQ
Cornerstone FAQ
Refund Policy

General FAQ

For Courses Offered Through CWU Continuing Education

Q: How do I withdraw or drop a Continuing Education course?

A: See our Cancellation and Refund Policy at

Q: How can I obtain a copy of my CWU transcript?

A: Go to the following link, download and complete the transcript request, and mail with the appropriate fee to the address listed.

Q: What are my CWU ID number and PIN?

A: These are numbers unique to each student. At the time of your first registration, (if you registered for the first time after summer quarter of 2002) you were assigned a CWU ID number and PIN. These were sent to you in a letter by CWU Admissions. If you are unable to locate these numbers call Continuing Education at 800-720-4503 or 509-963-1504, and we will assist you in obtaining them.

Q: How do I get my Novell Username and Password?

A: You must know your CWU ID number and PIN. If you do not know both of these, call Continuing Education at 800-720-4503 or 509-963-1504 and we will assist you in obtaining them.

Go to the CWU homepage at and click the Wildcat Connection paw. Click the word "here" in the sentence "Click here for help with the Wildcat Connection." On the next page click on the word "here" in the first sentence. Complete the form using your Student ID and PIN, click on the "Agree and Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

For further information go to the following links:

Q: How can I get a copy of my grades?

A: Grades are now available online! CWU no longer sends grade reports through the mail. To see your grades, you will need to access Safari. To begin your Safari experience, navigate to the CWU homepage. Click the Wildcat Connection paw. Log in using your Novell username and password. Click Safari from the menu on the left-hand side of the page. Important CWU information will be displayed here. Once you have read the information, scroll to Safari Links at the bottom of the page. To enter Safari, click on the "I read and accept" link. At this point click on SA Self Service > Learner Services > Academics > View my Grades.

For more information go to the following links:

Q: What is GroupWise?

A: GroupWise is the e-mail system used by CWU faculty, staff and students. It is imperative that students check their CWU e-mail accounts frequently because the Registrar, Office of Financial Aid and other student services use e-mail to send important notices. For information on activating your CWU GroupWise e-mail account, go to

Q: How is a Continuing Education credit course different from a regular credit course?

A: In most instances, Continuing Education credit courses are professional development courses that carry a "500" level designation. The credits are not accepted towards meeting degree requirements at CWU. However, some Continuing Education courses are regular credit courses. These courses, which are listed in the CWU college catalog are no different from any other course and require the same prerequisites and learner outcomes.

Q: Can I get financial aid for a Continuing Education Course?

A: Certain restrictions apply to the use of financial aid for a continuing education course. Please consult the office of Financial Aid for more information. Phone 509-963-1611. Web:

Students taking distance learning courses that Continuing Education offers in cooperation with Gatlin Education may be eligible for student loans through Gatlin. Web:

Armed forces personnel and veterans may be eligible for tuition assistance through their respective military education offices.

Q: How is registering for a Continuing Education course different?

A: Continuing Education uses their own registration form for most of the courses offered. The instructor will distribute registration materials at the first class meeting. Registration for distance learning courses will be completed online and/or via the phone. Payment in full is expected at time of registration. Please call our office for clarification: 800-720-4503 or 509-963-1504.

Q: How are tuition and fees different for a Continuing Education course?

A: All courses taught through the Office of Continuing Education are self-supporting. CWU waivers for Southeast Asia veterans, university staff and senior citizens do not apply. Full fee-paying students must make additional payments at the rate established for each continuing education course in which they enroll.

Q: Who teaches Continuing Education courses?

A: Only approved Lecturers or CWU faculty are permitted to teach a Continuing Education course. To review the Lecturer approval process, please go to:

Q: What if I have an idea for a Continuing Education course?

A: We always welcome creative, feasible and relevant course proposals. If you have an idea that you would like us to consider, please complete and submit the New Course Proposal form, found at this URL:

Q: What is Distance Learning?

A: These are CD-ROM based or Web-based courses. In either course format, instructional materials and assessments are delivered directly to you on your PC. For more information please check out the following link:

Other useful links:


Online Catalogs:

Contact Information

Office of Continuing Education
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7433
Phone: 1-800-720-4503
Phone: (509) 963-1504
Fax: (509) 963-1690
CWU Web Standards
Optimized for Newer Browsers
Go back to Central's main page